Sunday 24 July 2011

Product Review: Lush Bath Balistics


I've been having quite a few baths recently due to being pregnant.....mainly bubble baths using Radox.....as I've needed the muscle ease and have been using the sleep easy one since month 8 to help me when I've had problems sleeping. 
However I have a few lush products building up again (not loads but just some I'd forgotten about plus some new) so decided to make use of them.
A couple of my maternity gifts from work were from lush ....two being bath ballistics. 

Think Pink: The first I used was 'Think Pink' pictured below to the left. I love the design of many of their products, very pretty making them more appealing but a little sad when they are dissolved and all gone haha!

Think Pink
After added to the bath











As you can see, it made my water a lovely girly pink colour, however it did slightly remind me of the fluid at the dentists you have to wash your mouth out with after treatment!

Here's what Lush have to say about the product

'The Think Pink Ballistic is back with a slimmer figure. We've made it smaller, but this hot pink bomb is still fragranced with tonka bean's edgy aroma and the sweetness of vanilla absolute. It's sweet, but not overbearingly so, with a subtle bite that will remind you of pink bon-bons. We highly recommend you spoil yourself and think pink'.

  • It's one of their current products and costs £2.50/90g


Space Girl: The second I used was the 'Space Girl' bath ballistic, which also has a cute little design. 

'Space Girl' bath ballistic

Bath Ballistic in Action

Purple Bath Water :)


Another fun colourful one and this one didn't remind me of the dentist! 


Here's what Lush have to say about the product:

'A ballistic of astronomical proportions. We were inspired by The Imagined Village's intriguing interpretation of Space Girl from their second album, Empire & Love. It's shaped like Saturn with added space dust for our alien friends, and the refreshing scent of blackcurrant sweeties will make you hungry for your own space adventures. Space Girl is stellar, just remember your blaster and your freezer gun'.

  • Again this is one of their current products and costs £1.90/125g 


Pud Bath Ballistic:  I do have my own pic of this one, but I've not uploaded it off my mobile onto my computer and am feeling too lazy to do so right now I'm sorry! But I may edit the post at some point and replace it with my pic.
I got a couple of these and some others for people as gifts at Christmas and also got one for myself as I thought it was cute and smelt lovely (spicy and Chritsmassy).
I hadn't yet used my Christmas treats from Lush that I'd brought myself, so for my next bath I got this one out. However when putting it in the water and it doing it's usual job of fizzing away, it looked horrible! Like something a dog might have done, and then when the colour had dissipated in the water, it just looked muddy and it put me off so much, that i wasted my ballistic and ran myself a new bath as i couldn't get in this one as it looked dirty (even though I  knew it wasn't)!

Evidently by the title this is not one of their current products, but here is some info I found on it: 

'The 'pud' is one of our most soothing ballistics. It's made with aloe vera extract to nurture dry or rough skin and add a little brown colour to the little bomb'.

  • It was £2.25/200g and is available during the festive season! - So knowing the shops that will be in a few days :p
My reaction may have been a bit pathetic and I'm sure people will still love this variety of their ballistic, but it's not for me.


Lush do a range of amazing brightly coloured beautiful products, not just these ballistics, but I'm sure you all know! They make brilliant gifts for adults and children; I remember my nephews reaction when we first used a bubble bar in his bath and the water went bright blue. He loved it!
They also are a great self indulgent purchase and my favourite thing about them is that they are animal friendly. They don't use any animals products or anything tested on animals, which makes them Vegan and as they are all made with natural products they are kind to the skin, which is great for those with sensitive skin like me!
My favourite products are probably their bubble bars, also for use in the bath, which I shall do a review on at some point, but the ones I currently have are so pretty I'll be sad to let them go!


                                                    x - X - x

No comments: